The 2017 Comedy Wildlife Photography Awards (see 2016 and 2015) are still accepting entries but while the judges are warming up we can already take a peek at some of the funniest submissions of the contest.
Despite the humorous approach, these awards aren't just about the amusement. Photographers Paul Joynson-Hicks and Tom Sullam founded them to spotlight wildlife conservation efforts as well.
«The last two years have seen some fantastic entries,» they said. «We want to see even more animals represented than before. Go out and photograph, wherever you are... a squirrel could win the competition. We want to raise awareness of conservation of all animals all over the world, so wherever you are, take pictures of those wilder things!»
The deadline for entries is on the 30th of September, so many fantastic shots are yet to be submitted, but we thought we'd share a funny collection of our favorite snaps so far.
1. Help!!!, Opusztaszer, Hungary By Tibor Kercz
2. Must Have Three-putted, San Jose, California By Douglas Croft
3. Stopped By A Toll Collector, Queensland, Australia By Katarina Denesova
4. Wtf?!, San Simeon, California By George Cathcart
5. Outsourcing Seatbelt Checks, Masai Mara, Kenya By Graeme Guy
6. Kung Fu Training — Australian Style, Flowers Gap, Australia By Andrey Giljov
7. I’m Ok, Analamazaotra Special Reserve, Madagascar By Yamamoto Tsuneo
8. Three Tanors, South Georgia Island By Roie Galitz
9. Pirate In Disguise, Metropolitana, Chile By Andres Vejar
10. Pikachu!, Ramat Gan, Israel By Nadav Bagim
11. Hello? Are You Awake?, Vancouver, British Columbia By Kristine Mayes
12. Trouble In Parad’ice, Antarctica By Peter Odeh
13. Oooh Matron — Carry On Up The Jungle!, Tanzania By Gill Merritt
14. The Operating System Cannot Run, Isla Martillo, Beagle Channel
If you enjoyed this photos, please share with your friends!