There’s only one thing that felines love more than laying around and doing sweet nothing — and that’s fitting into small places. They take even bigger pleasure in wrapping themselves in an Amazon box, a shoe shelf, or even a pizza box, when they know that their human thinks they won’t be able to fit — oh, the pleasure of proving your human slave wrong...
While a lot of us find this cat behavior bizarre (I mean, why would you put yourself in a place that looks painfully uncomfortable), scientists have a couple of explanations for this amusing feline antic.
First, let’s remember that cats are predators — and boxes are great places to stalk victims from and hide. Therefore, cats get a sense of comfort and security from enclosed spaces, and some research suggests that boxes even decrease feline stress levels.
Another reason why cats love curling up in small and tiny places, is that it helps them preserve their body heat. The thermoneutral zone for a domestic cat is 86 to 97 degrees Fahrenheit, which happens to be 20 degrees higher than ours. Therefore, getting into a tiny box may serve as a smart heat-saving strategy.
Whatever the exact reasons, let’s admit it — cats can be very hilarious!
281. «do I Stay In The Box, Or Do I Knock Over The Pieces?»
282. Sitting, Fitting And Blending
283. That’s Why I Have Created Wool Cocoon For Cats 🙂
284. If I Fits, I Sits...with A View.
286. I Fits And Sun Bathe At The Same Time!
287. Who Me? I Sits Here
288. My Bed !!
289. She «fits» She Tried To Sit! On My Face @ 3am Almost Every Morning
290. I Sleeps Here
291. To Market To Market...what Do You Mean I’m An Indoor Cat?
292. Boxie In Her First Bag
293. Boxie Again She Took Over My Laptop
294. I Must Sit!
295. I Love My Box!!
296. We Grew A Cat!
297. Dis Drawer Is Mine Now
299. I Fit, You Can Take Me
300. It Fits, I Sits, These Tests Are Mine!
If you enjoyed this photos, please share with your friends!