There’s only one thing that felines love more than laying around and doing sweet nothing — and that’s fitting into small places. They take even bigger pleasure in wrapping themselves in an Amazon box, a shoe shelf, or even a pizza box, when they know that their human thinks they won’t be able to fit — oh, the pleasure of proving your human slave wrong...
While a lot of us find this cat behavior bizarre (I mean, why would you put yourself in a place that looks painfully uncomfortable), scientists have a couple of explanations for this amusing feline antic.
First, let’s remember that cats are predators — and boxes are great places to stalk victims from and hide. Therefore, cats get a sense of comfort and security from enclosed spaces, and some research suggests that boxes even decrease feline stress levels.
Another reason why cats love curling up in small and tiny places, is that it helps them preserve their body heat. The thermoneutral zone for a domestic cat is 86 to 97 degrees Fahrenheit, which happens to be 20 degrees higher than ours. Therefore, getting into a tiny box may serve as a smart heat-saving strategy.
Whatever the exact reasons, let’s admit it — cats can be very hilarious!
341. Mr. Toufas — Only For Me...!!
342. Surf’s Up!! Evidence Of Rug Surfing!!
343. Find Your Balance
344. This Is Mine Now Says Shelley
345. I Can Help Send Christmas Cards
346. Oh Well, Guess I Won’t Be Needing The Bucket.
347. I Fits...
348. I Mustache You, Do I Fit?
349. Dj Lil’ Guy......i Fits, I Sleeps!
350. Who Art Thou That Disturbeth My Slumber?!
351. I Fits...so I Have Babies! (in The Corner Behind Cabinets, Under The Countertop!)
352. I Knew We Would Both Fit.
353. Not Only Cats Squeeze Themselves In Tiny Spaces. «if I Fits I Sits»
354. Timper Sleeping On The Top Of Her Head On The Top Of My Head On The Top Of The Bed!
355. If I Fits, I Sits
356. Room For Two
357. I Luv You Mom, We Fit Together 🙂
358. I Knowed I Could Fits!
359. Box? Checked! Catnip Pillow? Checked! Now I Can Travel!
360. Well, My Head Fits!
If you enjoyed this photos, please share with your friends!