There’s only one thing that felines love more than laying around and doing sweet nothing — and that’s fitting into small places. They take even bigger pleasure in wrapping themselves in an Amazon box, a shoe shelf, or even a pizza box, when they know that their human thinks they won’t be able to fit — oh, the pleasure of proving your human slave wrong...
While a lot of us find this cat behavior bizarre (I mean, why would you put yourself in a place that looks painfully uncomfortable), scientists have a couple of explanations for this amusing feline antic.
First, let’s remember that cats are predators — and boxes are great places to stalk victims from and hide. Therefore, cats get a sense of comfort and security from enclosed spaces, and some research suggests that boxes even decrease feline stress levels.
Another reason why cats love curling up in small and tiny places, is that it helps them preserve their body heat. The thermoneutral zone for a domestic cat is 86 to 97 degrees Fahrenheit, which happens to be 20 degrees higher than ours. Therefore, getting into a tiny box may serve as a smart heat-saving strategy.
Whatever the exact reasons, let’s admit it — cats can be very hilarious!
361. Aren’t These Cat Mats?
362. Tiger In The Bush. I Looked For Him For 2 Hours
363. Yes, Yes, I’m Working On It!
364. Camera Again? Go Away!
365. She Just Kinda... Made Herself At Home Here...
366. Oliver Loves A Box!
367. Oliver Part 2
368. Where’s My Dinner?!
370. My Friend’s Cat Did Not Want To Be Bothered In Her Peaceful Pot
371. Snug As A Big In A...
372. Cat Inside Stainless Steel Wok...
373. Big Box Little Box
374. It Is Called A Kitty Condo...
375. Two Cats Sitting In A Cat Tree
376. This Is My Now Dead Kitty... :(. But You Have To Say This Is Cute... firstboredpandapost
377. Princess Zelda... Is A Potatoe
378. I Not On The Kitchen Bench Mum, I In The Basket!
379. Benjy Says Peek A Boo!
380. If We Fits, We Sits And Watch For Birds.
381. It Started With A Single Box For Potatoes
382. I Wanna Paint Too !!
384. Because Plants Need Friends Too...
385. Can You Find The Cat? Rip Gus 2002—2017
386. If He Fit, He Loved To Sit. Miss You, Gus!
387. Don’t Care If You Were Here First. I Fits In Front Of You, So I Sits.
If you enjoyed this photos, please share with your friends!