There’s only one thing that felines love more than laying around and doing sweet nothing — and that’s fitting into small places. They take even bigger pleasure in wrapping themselves in an Amazon box, a shoe shelf, or even a pizza box, when they know that their human thinks they won’t be able to fit — oh, the pleasure of proving your human slave wrong...
While a lot of us find this cat behavior bizarre (I mean, why would you put yourself in a place that looks painfully uncomfortable), scientists have a couple of explanations for this amusing feline antic.
First, let’s remember that cats are predators — and boxes are great places to stalk victims from and hide. Therefore, cats get a sense of comfort and security from enclosed spaces, and some research suggests that boxes even decrease feline stress levels.
Another reason why cats love curling up in small and tiny places, is that it helps them preserve their body heat. The thermoneutral zone for a domestic cat is 86 to 97 degrees Fahrenheit, which happens to be 20 degrees higher than ours. Therefore, getting into a tiny box may serve as a smart heat-saving strategy.
Whatever the exact reasons, let’s admit it — cats can be very hilarious!
81. Family Time
82. Waiting For Scrambled Eggs
83. I Fits, I Sits. The Dish Is There Specifically For The Cat And Is Not Used For Any Other Purpose
84. Got The Bigger, Blacker Box Today In The Mail. My Cat Was Thrilled
85. If I Fits, I Sits
86. If I Don’t Fits, I Still Sits
87. I’m Sprouting
88. His Very First «If I Fit, I Sit»
89. «I Can Totally Fit»
90. If I Sorta Fits... I Sits
91. See, I Fits
92. If I Fits, I Sits — My Fat Cat Edition
93. My Cat Max Heard About The «I Fit I Sits» Game. I Don’t Think He Quite Gets It Yet
94. If It Fits...
95. If I Fit, Can I Come With?
96. If I Fits, I Sits
97. My Cat Likes To Sleep In Garbage Cans
98. If It Fits, She Sits... And Falls Asleep
99. The Many Sits Of Geeky
100. Box ‘o Landshark
If you enjoyed this photos, please share with your friends!