This 3 Ingredient Bacon Asparagus Frittata is perfect for both lazy weekends or brisk weekday mornings.
Author: Grok Grub
Recipe type: Breakfast
- 5 slices of bacon
- 1 bunch of asparagus
- 8 eggs
- Preheat the oven to 350 F.
- In a large dry skillet over medium heat, cook the bacon slices until brown and crispy (approximately 6 minutes per side, depending on your burner's heat). Remove to a paper towel-lined plate to drain, and pour a teaspoon of the bacon grease from the skillet into a rectangular fluted tart pan. Using a bit of paper towel, coat the inside of the tart pan with the bacon grease to prevent the frittata from sticking.
- Cut the woody ends from the asparagus, and cut into 1" pieces (reserving a handful of stalks to decorate the frittata's top).
- Arrange the asparagus pieces in the bottom of the tart pan. Crumble three of the bacon slices on top of the asparagus. Whip the eggs until foamy, then pour on top of the asparagus and bacon.
- Arrange the uncut asparagus stalks lengthwise on top of the frittata, partly submerged in the egg. Crumble the remaining two pieces of bacon on top of the asparagus stalks, and cook the frittata for 40-60 minutes, until firm and browned on top.
- Allow to cool enough to touch, then remove from the pan by pushing the bottom of the tart pan up through the sides. If the frittata sticks, cut along the perimeter and then cross-ways into slices, then use a spatula to work underneath the slices and lift them out.