BAILEY’S CHOCOLATE CHIP POUND CAKE
1 hour 20 mins
- ½ c. butter
- 3 eggs
- ¼ c. sour cream
- ¼ c. Bailey’s Irish Cream
- 1½ c. all-purpose flour
- ¼ tsp. baking powder
- ⅛ tsp. baking soda
- 1 c. sugar
- 1 c. mini chocolate chips
- 1 c. powdered sugar
- 3 Tbsp. Bailey’s Irish Cream (or more to reach desired consistency)
- 1 Tbsp. cocoa powder
- Allow butter, eggs, sour cream, and Bailey’s to stand at room temperature 30 min.
- Combine flour, baking powder, and baking soda; set aside.
- In a medium mixing bowl beat butter on medium-high speed 30 seconds.
- Gradually add sugar, beating approx. 10 minutes or until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating 1 minute after each addition.
- Combine sour cream and Bailey’s; stir well. Add dry mixture and sour cream mixture alternately to beaten mixture, beating after each addition until just combined.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Pour batter into greased and floured loaf pan.
- Bake at 325 degrees for 60-70 minutes or until a wooden toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool on a rack for 10 minutes; remove from pan and cool completely.
- Combine powdered sugar, Bailey’s Irish Cream, and cocoa powder.
- Stir to combine; drizzle over cake.