These Caramel Swirl Cookies are a wonderful combination of a soft, chewy cookie swirled with sweet, creamy caramel. They make an impressive dessert for the holidays!
Author: The Gracious Wife
Recipe type: Dessert
Serves: 2 dozen
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 teaspoon maple flavoring
- 2¾ flour
- 30 caramels
- 6 ounces cream cheese, softened
- In a large mixing bowl, cream butter, cream cheese, and brown sugar until light and fluffy.
- Beat in egg yolk and maple flavoring.
- Gradually add flour and mix until incorporated.
- Refrigerate 2 hours or until easy to handle.
- Melt caramels in a mixing bowl in the microwave in 45 second intervals, until melted and smooth. Stir in cream cheese until blended.
- Divide dough in half. Roll each portion between two 12 «x10» sheets of wax paper to about a ¼-inch thickness.
- Spread caramel mixture over dough, leaving a half inch of dough exposed at the ends to seal.
- Roll up tightly jelly roll style (like a cinnamon roll) and refrigerate for 4 hours or until firm.
- Cut into ¼-inch slices, and place 1 inch apart on a greased baking sheet.
- Bake at 350° for 12-14 minutes.