Author: Butter With A Side of Bread
- 1 Sara Lee Original Cream Cheesecake
- 1 8-oz tub Cool Whip
- 2 cups fresh mixed berries
- 1 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- 1 TBSP butter
- 1 egg
- ¼ cup sugar
- To prepare the sugared berries: Whisk 1 egg white until frothy. Brush clean berries with a small amount of egg white, then roll in granulated sugar until coated. Let sit on a piece of parchment paper (or wax paper) for 2-3 hours, then use to top dessert. I had strawberries as well, but didn't like the idea of topping the cheesecake with a bunch of whole strawberries, so I sugared raspberries and blackberries, then sliced the fresh strawberries to put on top of the cheesecake.
- To prepare the Cool Whip Ganache: Combine 1 tub of Cool Whip, 1 cup of semi sweet chocolate chips and 1 TBSP of butter in a medium sized microwaveable bowl. Microwave on high 1 minute 15 seconds. Whisk until mixture combines and forms a smooth chocolate glaze. Let stand about 10 minutes to cool slightly, then pour or drizzle it on top of cheesecake.
- Putting it all together:
- Pour about half of the ganache on the defrosted cheesecake. Tilt the plate slightly so that the ganache covers the entire surface. I even added more to drip down the sides a bit!
- Slice 4-5 strawberries. Using the 2 or 3 largest pieces from each berry, arrange slices in a circle, tip of the strawberry slice pointing outwards. Create another smaller circle of berry slices in the same manner, layering the slices slightly. Finish with just a few slices creating the final circle. Make sure there is a small amount of space left in the center to arrange a few of the sugared berries there. Transfer a spoonful of the ganache to a small baggie. Clip the corner and drizzle ganache on top of the sliced strawberries.
- Arrange several sugared berries in the center of the cheesecake, as well as around the outside of the plate.
- Slice & Enjoy! Store leftovers in the fridge in a sealed container.