These Churro Cupcakes are packed with cinnamon sugar flavor and are garnished with a freshly baked, crispy churro. Ole!
- 1 box French Vanilla cake mix, plus ingredients on back of box
- 1 small box sugar free/fat free instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 Tbsp ground cinnamon
- FOR FROSTING:
- ¾ cup butter, softened
- 1 Tbsp vanilla
- 1-2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2-3 Tbsp milk
- About 3 cups powdered sugar
- Baked churros, chopped into 1-2" pieces (you can find these in the frozen section typically)
- Cinnamon sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line two muffin tins with about 16 paper liners. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, prepare the cake mix according to package directions. Stir the pudding mix and cinnamon into the batter to combine. Portion the batter evenly among the muffin tins, filling about ¾" of the way full. Bake for approx. 15-18 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean or with moist crumbs. Cool completely.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, cream together the butter, vanilla and cinnamon until creamy. Gradually add the powdered sugar in, about one cup at a time, until thick and fluffy. Use the milk to thin out the frosting if needed.
- Pipe frosting high onto cooled cupcakes and garnish with a freshly baked churro piece and a dusting of cinnamon sugar.