This Chocolate Ganache Pie is incredible. Smooth, creamy, and bursting with chocolate flavor, you don't want to miss this easy, show-stopping treat.
- FOR CRUST:
- 1 pkg. Oreo cookies, finely crushed
- 6 Tbsp butter, melted
- FOR PIE:
- 12 oz semi-sweet chocolate, chopped (I used 3 boxes of Baker's Semi-Sweet Chocolate)
- 4 Tbsp butter, cubed
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 3 Tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease a tart pan with a removable bottom with cooking spray and place it on a baking sheet. Set aside.
- Combine the Oreo crumbs and the melted butter and gently stir to combine. Press evenly into the prepared tart pan and bake for approx. 8-10 minutes or until set. Cool completely.
- Once tart crust has cooled, make your ganache. In a large bowl, add the chopped chocolate and butter; set aside. Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, heat together the heavy cream, sugar and vanilla over medium heat or until mixture begins to simmer. Pour the cream mixture over the chocolate and set aside for about 5 minutes. Once five minutes is up, stir or whisk to combine until ganache is creamy and smooth.
- Spread the ganache into the prepared pan and even out the top. Refrigerate for approx. 2-3 hours or until set before cutting into slices. I served mine on a bed of chocolate and caramel sauce, but this would be great with whipped cream, raspberries, and/or ice cream, too!
Author: Hayley Parker, The Domestic Rebel