Pineapple Upside-Down Cupcakes
- 1can (20 oz) sliced pineapple, drained, juice reserved
- 1box Betty Crocker™ SuperMoist™ yellow cake mix
- ½cup vegetable oil
- 1/3cup butter, melted
- 2/3cup packed brown sugar
- 12maraschino cherries, cut in half
- 1Heat oven to 350°F. Spray 24 regular-size muffin cups with cooking spray.
- 2Cut each pineapple slice into 4 pieces; set aside. In large bowl, beat cake mix, oil, eggs and reserved pineapple juice with electric mixer on low speed 30 seconds. Beat on medium speed 2 minutes, scraping bowl occasionally.
- 3In small bowl, stir together melted butter and brown sugar. Spoon 1 ½ teaspoons butter mixture into each muffin cup. Top each with 2 pineapple pieces. Place cherry half, cut side up, in center of pineapple pieces. Spoon ¼ cup batter into each cup.
- 4Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 5 minutes. Run knife around edge of cupcakes to loosen; invert onto cookie sheet. Serve warm.