Serves: About 8-10 pancakes
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted & cooled
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup buttermilk*
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup all-purpose flour, spooned & levelled
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoons baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- 1 — 2 Snickers bars, cut into pieces
- Allow the melted butter, eggs & buttermilk to come to room temperature. Then in a medium bowl whisk them together with the vanilla. Set aside
- In a large bowl whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and sugar. Carefully fold the wet ingredients into the dry until almost combined — having a few lumps in the batter is ok.
- Turn on an electric griddle to 350F degrees or heat a frying pan on the stove burner to medium heat. Grease the pan or griddle with non-stick cooking spray or oil. Then pour about ¼ cup batter onto the pan or griddle, spacing the pancakes a few inches apart. Place a few pieces of cut up Snickers on the top of each pancake. Once you start to see bubbles forming on the uncooked top (about 2-4 minutes), flip the pancakes over and continue cooking for another 2-4 minutes until both sides are golden brown.
*If you don't have buttermilk, add 1 tablespoon of distilled vinegar to a liquid measuring cup. Then fill with milk to the 1 cup line and allow to sit for 5 minutes to sour.