Yields: 16 servings | Calories: 383 | Total Fat: 26g | Saturated Fat: 14g | Trans Fat: 0g | Cholesterol: 87mg | Sodium: 180mg | Carbohydrates: 32g | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 21g | Protein: 10g | SmartPoints: 17 |
- 2 ounces bittersweet or semisweet chocolate, broken into pieces, or chocolate chips, melted*
- 1 cup raw almonds with skins
- 1 cup old-fashioned oats (not instant)
- ¼ teaspoon kosher or sea salt
- 3 tablespoons melted coconut oil
- 6 ounces bittersweet or semisweet chocolate, broken into small pieces, or chocolate chips, melted*
- 2 (8-ounce) packages cream cheese, reduced fat, room temperature
- 1 cup ricotta cheese, low-fat
- ¾ cup coconut palm sugar
- 4 large eggs
- ½ cup Greek yogurt, plain, fat-free
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups (1 pint) fresh raspberries or berries of choice (if using strawberries, cut into halves or quarters)
- ½ cup bittersweet or semisweet chocolate, broken into pieces or as chocolate chips
- ¼ cup canned (lite) coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon coconut palm sugar
- ½ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
*Use a double boiler to melt chocolate or melt in a sauce pan or low heat.
Add almonds, oats, and salt to a food processor and pulse until a fine crumb consistency. Stir almond-oat mixture, melted chocolate, and coconut oil in a small bowl until well-combined.
Add crumbs to a 9-inch springform pan and press crumbs evenly on bottom and ½-inch up the sides of the pan.
Tip — Place plastic wrap over the fingers of one hand to press crumbs in place. Refrigerate crust to set while preparing filling.
*Use the same double boiler or sauce pan to melt chocolate, and turn off heat when done. Cover and leave pan on burner while preparing filling. Chocolate should still be warm when adding to the filling.
Add cream cheese and ricotta cheese to a large mixing bowl.
Using an electric mixer, beat cheeses until light and fluffy and there are no longer visible lumps.
Add coconut palm sugar and continue beating until incorporated, about 30 seconds. Add eggs, one at a time, and beat just until incorporated. Add yogurt and vanilla and beat until combined.
Pour warm chocolate into mixture and mix until chocolate is well combined.
Pour filling into prepared crust, place on a baking sheet, and bake on center oven rack 45 minutes to 1 hour, or until top is set and some jiggle is still visible in the center.
Place cheesecake on a cooling rack and cool to room temperature, about 3 to 4 hours.
If any cracks appear in the cheesecake, don't worry as they will be filled in with the topping and no longer visible.
Place plastic wrap over the pan and refrigerate overnight or until completely chilled. Remove from the refrigerator and allow to set at room temperature about 5 minutes. Run a warm knife around the outside of the cheesecake before releasing sides of springform pan. It is recommended to leave the cheesecake on the bottom part of the springform pan for serving.
Whisk together all ingredients for chocolate sauce in a small saucepan over low heat, until chocolate has melted. Pour over cheesecake. Add berries on top, as pictured. Enjoy!